We, J. G. Martin Plant Hire Limited, are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By using our website, you agree to this policy. If you do not agree, please do not use our website or submit any personal data through it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is J. G. Martin Plant Hire Limited, The Ca'd'oro, 45 Gordon Street, Glasgow G1 3PE.
- Information we may collect from you
- We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our website www.martinplanthire.co.uk. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our website;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of transactions you carry out through our website and of the fulfillment of your orders;
- details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access; and
- calls may be recorded for quality control and training purposes but are stored with confidentiality in mind and will never be shared with third parties.
- IP addresses
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- Where we store your personal data
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take all reasonable endeavours to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access to, destruction of or damage to such personal data.
- Uses made of the information
- We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to enable the proper maintenance and/or operation of our website;
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other access device;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to allow us to consider your comments, queries and suggestions and respond if necessary;
- to comply with any legal obligations; or
- to enable or facilitate the exercise of our rights under our terms and conditions of website use.
- We may also share the information that we collect (or procure the collection of) from or concerning you or which you submit to us with our business partners for marketing purposes and/or we may send you information about other organisations' goods or services. We or our business partners may contact you by mail, telephone, fax, e-mail or other electronic messaging service with offers of goods and services that may be of interest to you. By providing us with your fax number, telephone numbers or e-mail address, you consent to being contacted by these methods for these purposes. If you do not wish to receive marketing information from us or our business partners please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We may keep personal data which we collect for a reasonable period for any of the purposes mentioned above.
- Disclosure of your information
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- Third party personal data
- Where you submit information regarding another person, you confirm that they have consented to you acting for them and to the processing of their personal data, and that you have informed them of our identity and the content of our terms and conditions of website use and this policy, including the purposes for which their personal data will be processed by us and that they have explicitly consented to our use and processing of their personal data (including sensitive personal data).
- Our terms and conditions of website use and this policy will apply to any such third party personal data in the same manner that they apply to your own personal data.
- Your rights
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
- Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- Access to information
- The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.